Shrimp and Avocado over Wilted Arugula (serves 4)
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 4-5 oz mushrooms, sliced (I used baby bellas)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, divided, from 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 4-5 cups arugula
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
- Salt and pepper
Saute mushrooms until they begin to brown, about 5-8 minutes.
Add garlic, season with about 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper, and saute for another minute.
Add cherry tomatoes, stirring to combine, and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
Add shrimp and cook until fully pink, another 8 minutes or so.
Toward the end of cooking, add lemon zest, 1 tbsp of lemon juice, and 2 tbsp of basil.
If there's a lot of liquid in the pan, drain some off before adding the shrimp to the arugula.
In a large bowl, toss together arugula, sauteed shrimp mixture, and avocado.
Season with remaining olive oil, lemon juice, basil and a pinch more salt and pepper.
For a printable recipe click here